Help HFEE reach our Mini Grant Goal
The Huntington Foundation for Excellence in Education prides itself on offering two grant opportunities for teachers to enhance their curriculum annually through our foundation. From state of the art technology and equipment to cutting edge teaching techniques, the educator-generated grants we fund expand our students’ curriculum as well as their enthusiasm for learning. In addition to our Star Grants which are generally $1,000 or higher (funded through the success of our Annual Gala at Oheka castle on March 2nd, 2017), HFEE also bestows many worthwhile “mini grants” each costing $1,000 or less. HFEE most recently provided the district with the following incredible mini grants…
• The Associated Teachers of Huntington received $500 for their Reading Incentive Program
• The Life Skills Class at Finley Middle School received $462.68 for their “Shoebox Skills” Grant
• Woodhull School received a $585 grant for a Document Camera
• The Art Honor Society and Science Class at the High School received a $748.95 grant for a life size skeleton
• The Primary Schools each received grants ranging from Phonemic sequencing for reading to Matter Mass and Density cube sets for science classes
All of this funding affords our awesome teachers access to educational programs that are not funded by the school budget. Often these new programs are then incorporated into the curriculum on an ongoing basis. But we can’t do it without your support!
Please let us add your name to the very generous list of local businesses and families who have so generously donated to our 2016 HFEE mini grant appeal. In return for your generosity, your family name or business will be listed on our website as well as in our annual newsletter mailed in June to all Huntington residents.
For further information contact email@example.com or visit our website at www.huntingtonfoundation.org